Monday, November 30, 2009

My Contemporary Advent Wreath

Since Kevin and I didn't have an Advent wreath, I decided to make one-- just a small one-- but at least we have one now! So I made a trip to the Flower Factory and purchased my supplies...

I needed three purple candles (29 cents each=87 cents):

I needed one pink candle (29 cents):

I needed the "wreath" part- a box I found on clearance ($1.95):

And I got some small green glass gems (two bags at $1.45 each):

Finally, I put it all together!

I like it! I don't think it's too bad for only about $6... I know it's not a traditional Advent wreath (sorry Dad!) but at least we have something now. :-)

1 comment:

lisa said...

cute! if it makes you feel better, i have been out of mom & dads for what, 15 years now and i STILL don't have an advent wreath! but i am ALMOST done with me jesse tree :)