Friday, June 24, 2011

Catching Up!

It's been a while since I have updated!

Well, I didn't register for the DIY Wedding show soon enough (missed it by 2 days...). Since then, though, I've been doing a lot of wedding planning help and baking and designing and creating! Here are a few of the things I've been up to:

One of my colleagues is having a baby girl in August and our 'work baby shower' was the last week in May. She and her husband are decorating the baby's room with blues, purples, and butterflies. I picked up a few supplies (12 pack of butterflies from the Flower Factory, felt, scrapbooking paper, fleece, a styrofoam ball, a candle bowl, moss, and a big butterfly from...actually... the dollar store!), brainstormed, and this is what I made! I think it turned out really cute!

The weekend of June 17-18, some of my other coworkers participated in the Relay for Life in Green. The theme for their booth was "Grease" and they asked me to make a wearable Grease Lightning. After waiting for some good boxes to use, I took about 2 days, hot glue, red paint and glitter glue and made up this cardboard car. It was about 5 feet long by 2 feet wide. I was happy with how it turned out.


The next project was a small one. After school one day, I was checking my email before I left. I have been getting the daily cookie recipe from Martha and this one I couldn't pass up. I printed it out and ran in to show our guidance counselor and another colleague. It was for S'Mores Cookies! Yumm! I came home and made them that day. They were pretty tasty- though much better the first day (the marshmallow starts to harden). Also, next time I think I'll make the cookie part a little smaller to get more of the chocolate/marshmallow taste in each bite!

Next post: Bryant Street Festival!

No comments: