Monday, February 3, 2014

New Blog and Valentine's Day!

I am going to try really hard to revamp my blog in the next couple weeks!  What you see now is a BIG change from what it was!

For my first post under this *new* look, I am going to talk about Valentine's Day.  This year, I wanted to do something different for my husband.  We normally do a nice dinner {in or out} and a small gift for each other.  Nothing big, but we like to acknowledge the day by doing something special.

I jumped over to Pinterest to find something fun.  A friend of mine pinned a 14 Days of Love- gift list with cute little sayings.  The key is each day the person receives a small gift with a saying to match it (ChapStick = "Thanks for "stick"ing by my side" and so on).   I decided I liked this idea and this was the way I chose to go with a slight twist.  I did the "12 Days of Valentines".  I ran to the store and gathered some items I thought my husband would like.  He doesn't eat a lot of sweets or unhealthy foods, except for when I buy them for him! I got home and packaged each item in a white lunch bag with a little sign I whipped up in Photoshop.

In case you are interested in doing the "12 Days of Valentines", I've attached a printable for the tags. {If you don't have it together today to do 12 days, you could always cut out two and make it the "10 Days of Valentines" and start on Wednesday! You could also do a big basket of goodies on Valentine's Day with everything in one day.}

Here's the list of items I used:
"chews" = Gum
"hot tamale" = Hot Tamales Candy
"combo" = Cheddar Cheese Combos
"nuts" = Pistachios (his favorite!)
"black and white" = Oreo Cookies
"stick" = ChapStick
"color" = Skittles
"flamin' hot" = Cheetos Flamin' Hot
"super glue" = Loctite Super Glue
"fish" = Swedish Fish
"mix"  = Chex Mix
"snicker" = Snickers Candy Bar
 
Have fun!!!

No comments: