Thursday, October 21, 2010

Homemade Pumpkin Spice Syrup

Sooo, my very best friend, Meghan, sent this recipe over to me a few weeks ago. Since then, I've been DYING to try it! The first picture isn't mine (have to give props to "Cook Like a Champion"!).


Here is my attempt:


I wish my bottle were cuter! I got it from the Goodwill so it was cheap. I really wish I had one like Cook Like a Champion!

...and... the recipe!

Pumpkin Spice Syrup
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups water
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons pumpkin purée

Directions:
-In a small pot over medium heat, dissolve sugar in water.
-Once sugar is dissolved, add remaining ingredients. Allow to cook
for 6-8 minutes, stirring frequently. Do not boil.
-Strain mixture using cheesecloth or a tea towel.
-Pour into a small (8-10 ounce) bottle and store in the refrigerator.
-To make a pumpkin spice latte, simply add about 1 1/2 tablespoons
of syrup for each shot of espresso.
-For an iced latte, stir together syrup and espresso
before adding desired amount of cold milk.
-For a hot latte, add frothed milk and stir to combine.
Top with whipped cream, if desired.

I added a little more pumpkin syrup than the ratio she states above. My homemade PSL was delicious!!! Let me know how yours turns out! Enjoy!

No comments: